Your privacy is very important to me. Working together to find your stories often involves you sharing a lot of information about yourself and your family, and I appreciate the trust you put in me. Borgerson Research is committed to using your data only in ways that you choose, and to being transparent about the data I collect and how I use it.
This policy was last updated on 20 September 2017. I might update it from time to time. I’ll always post updates here, and if the changes are major I'll send an email notification.
Here's what's different from the last version:
- I added information about affiliate links.
What types of information does Borgerson Research collect?
- I collect personally-identifiable information to provide the services that you request from me. This may include:
- Name and contact information (email, mailing address, telephone number)
- Family tree and family history information
- DNA information
- Any other information that you provide to me in order to perform services that you purchase
- You can choose to make comments on my blog. If you do this, I’ll also collect your name and email address, but I won’t publish your email address.
- I use a third party payment processors to manage payments. I don’t store any credit card information.
- I use Google Analytics on this website to gather minimal demographic information about site visitors. You can view the Google Analytics data privacy and security information here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
- This site contains affiliate links. Borgerson Research doesn't collect any information about you if you click on those links, but the affiliate organizations might. Please see the affiliate disclosure for more information.
How does Borgerson Research use your information?
I use your information to provide the services you request from me.
- If you fill out the contact form on the website, I will contact you by phone or email to address your questions.
- If you’re interested in working with me, I’ll gather some information to use to put together a proposal.
- If you sign a contract for services, I’ll use information you provide as part of providing the services described in that contract.
- If you comment on the blog, please remember that this information becomes public.
Under what circumstances does Borgerson Research share your information with third parties?
I may disclose your information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- As part of routine business operations, I may share data with service providers I’ve contracted with to help ensure that I provide quality service to you (for example, to process contracts, invoices, and payments)
- If I am compelled to do so by a court or law enforcement agency
- If you give me written permission to do so, I may share some of your information as case studies in things like blog posts, lectures, or webinars.
I don’t ever share or sell your data to anyone for marketing purposes.
How can you review or delete personal information that Borgerson Research has collected?
Please email email@example.com at any time to review all of the data that I have collected about you, or to request deletion of that data.
California Do Not Track disclosures
Except for the use of Google Analytics noted above, I don’t do any tracking on this site. Therefore, this site doesn’t respond to Do Not Track signals. If you want to opt out of Google Analytics tracking, Google has a browser add-on that’s available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Third parties may track use of affiliate links. If you don't want to be tracked, please do not click on those links. More information is available on the affiliate disclosure page.
212 Broadway East #20544
Seattle, WA 98102